Freelancers In Belgium shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
Use the website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
Upload or transmit through the website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else;
Use the website in a manner which (i) may cause the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the website;
Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component;
Copy or distribute any part of the website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
Alter or modify any part of the website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the website for its intended use.
We reserve the right to –
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
Monitor any activity and content associated with the website.
We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the website; and/ or complaints relating to the website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the website).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or products or services offered on the website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from a course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the website and any information provided to or taken from the website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the website and the content on the website.
SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT This Sponsorship Agreement (“the Agreement”) is made and entered into on 2.12.2019 by and between: the Freelancers in Belgium/Jenny Bjorklof (Event Partner) and he Sponsor.
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS 1.1. Based on mutual consideration, this Sponsorship Agreement will serve as a binding agreement between the Event Partners and the Sponsor with respect to Sponsorship of the Freelancers in Belgium Day 2020 (“the Event”), to be held February 7, 2020, in Brussels, Belgium. The Sponsor acknowledges and accepts the following terms and conditions of this contract upon payment of a sponsor package
2. ACCEPTANCE 2.1. The Event Partners have the absolute right to limit the total number of sponsors and/or select sponsors at their sole discretion. Acceptance of a sponsorship request by the Event Partners is based on full completion of the online registration process. Sponsors have no right or authority to make any determinations with respect to the conduct, participants, presenters, display, performance, content, set-up or any aspect of the Event.
2.2. Acceptance of this sponsorship request is also dependant on the Sponsor agreeing that they will not promote, display, gift or exhibit as part of the Event instrument-adjusting devices or materials related to the marketing thereof.
3. PAYMENT 3.1. The Sponsor agrees to pay the sum of [sponsorship fee] upon registration in respect of [tier of sponsorship] Sponsorship of the Event. 3.2. The agreed sum of sponsorship fee (representing the agreed fee for Sponsorship of the Event) shall be payable within 30 days of receipt of invoice to guarantee availability.
3.3. The sponsorship fee is exclusive of any applicable sales taxes/valued added tax that shall be paid at the rate from time to time in force.
4. CANCELLATIONS 4.1. Any cancellations should be sent via email to the Event Partner
4.2. If the Sponsor cancels 2 months before the event they will receive a full refund of sums already paid minus a € 500 administration fee. There will be no refunds less than 2 months prior to the event. All cancellations must be received and acknowledged in writing.
5. EXCLUSIVITY 5.1. As a Sponsor, the Sponsor shall not be granted any form of exclusivity in respect of the exhibition, marketing or promotion of products or services at the Event unless separately agreed.
5.2. In the event that it is found that either during the Event or as part of their promotional materials related to the Event other exhibitors are so exhibiting, marketing or promoting instrument adjusting devices the Event Partners will require them to cease and desist immediately.
6. PROMOTION 6.1. The Event Partners agree to acknowledge and recognize the Sponsor in Event promotion materials prior to and during the Event.
6.2. The Event Partners agree to grant the Sponsor a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the Event logos, solely to promote the Sponsor’s sponsorship prior to and during the Event.
6.3. The Sponsor grants to the Event Partners a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use its logos and trademarks in recognizing and acknowledging the Sponsor’s sponsorship of the Event, both prior to and during the event.
7. SPONSOR PASSES AND REGISTRATION 7.1. The Sponsor will receive two (2) complimentary conference passes as defined in the Sponsorship Presentation Document The Sponsor will be required to submit names of the designated attendees at least one month before the event. Additional attendees shall be required to register via the Event website by paying standard fees.
8.1. The Event Partners shall be responsible for the design and placement of all signage at the Event. The Sponsor will not place any signage or other materials inside or outside the Event venue, including all Event space or public grounds adjacent to the Event site, without the prior written consent of the Event Partners.
9. DISTRIBUTION OF PRINTED MATERIALS 9.1. Subject to the tier of Sponsorship, Sponsors shall be entitled to supply materials for insertion into the Event packs. Such materials shall not exceed 20 pages A4 pages in size. A sample of the material should be submitted to the Event Partners at least a month prior to the event. 9.2. The Sponsor is responsible for the shipment of the materials to the event venue, to be received 2 days prior to the event. Any material not arrived within this date will not be included in the Conference Bag, in such case there will be no refund. The Sponsor is responsible for all customs handling and payment any VAT or import taxes. 9.3. The Sponsor shall be entitled to distribute materials, souvenirs, samples, etc., from their designated exhibit area but not outside this area without the express permission of the Event Partners. 9.4. Permission to distribute printed materials, samples, souvenirs, etc., does not constitute endorsement or sponsorship of the Sponsor, any other firm or company, or any publication or its content by the Event Partners. Such permission also does not authorise the Sponsor to imply or state in any written or oral communication that such printed material is so endorsed or sponsored.
10. EXHIBIT AREA 10.1. Standard exhibition areas are standard high tables in designated locations in the exhibit area. 10.2. Allocation of exhibit space shall be in a first-come, first-served basis. 10.3. All exhibit materials must fit into the allocated individual exhibit space. 10.4. No Sponsor may sublet, assign or apportion any part of the allotted space without the express consent of the Event Partners. 10.5. The purposes of the exhibit are to inform and educate Event attendees regarding the characteristics and uses of products and services. No surveys, research or any other form of data gathering, whether conducted with the intent to announce or publish the results of such survey or data gathering, either during or after the Event, may take place on the exhibit area or at the Event without prior written approval from the Event Partners. 10.7. The use of microphones, loudspeakers, or other amplifying devices is not allowed without the consent of the Event Partners. 10.8. The exhibit area will not be guarded at any time during the Event. Valuables (especially laptop computers) should not be left unattended. 10.9. Sponsor representatives shall be restricted to employees or designated persons who are working at the exhibit area. Sponsor representatives shall wear badge identification provided by the Event Partners. 10.10. The Sponsor shall take due care of the exhibit space and shall be responsible for any and all damage caused by any of its representatives to the Event venue. Off-site storage for display cases and/or boxes is not available. The Sponsor is responsible for storing exhibit materials. 10.11. The Sponsor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Partners and the event venue against any and all claims asserted against, resulting from, imposed upon, or suffered by the Event Partners and their respective representatives as a result of the Sponsor’s participation in the Event. The Sponsor understands that neither the Event Partners nor the event venue maintains insurance covering the Sponsor’s property and it is the sole responsibility of the Sponsor to obtain such insurance. 10.12. The Sponsor is responsible for the import/export of all exhibition material in/out of Belgium.
11. INDEMNIFICATION 11.1. The Sponsor agrees to indemnify, defend, reimburse and hold harmless the Event Partners and their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers and representatives against any and all claims, loss, damage or expense (including legal fees) that may arise in connection with or be asserted against, resulting from, imposed upon, incurred or suffered as a result of the Sponsor’s participation in the Event.
12. INTERPRETATION AND AMENDMENT 12.1. The Event Partners shall have discretion in the interpretation and enforcement of the terms and conditions in this contract and all of the aspects of the Event, and the power to make such reasonable amendments thereto and to establish such further terms and conditions as it shall consider necessary for the proper conduct of the Event, including the Sponsor opportunity.
13. POSTPONEMENT, CANCELLATION OR FORCE MAJEURE 13.1. The Event Partners shall not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement or otherwise liable to the Sponsor for any failure or delay in performing their obligations as a result of an event or series of connected events outside of their reasonable control and/or the reasonable control of their representatives and/or suppliers (including, without limitation, strikes or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, terrorism, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of machinery, fire, flood or storm). 13.2. It may be necessary for the Event Partners to alter the advertised content, timing, and location of the Event. The Event Partners reserve the right to do this without liability to the Sponsor, provided that the Event, as altered, is substantially similar to the Event as previously advertised. Any notice of alteration will be provided by the Event Partners as early as is practicable. 13.3. While speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Freelancers In Belgium reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
14. JURISDICTION 14.1. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Belgium.
This document sets out the terms and conditions between Freelancers In Belgium (owned by Jenny Bjorklof, VAT nr BE0638864170)
Freelancers In Belgium reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on this website. Applicable from November 1, 2019.
Freelancers in Belgium Day 2020 is being organised by Jenny Bjorklof, a natural person in Belgium VAT nr BE0638864170)
All items (screens, laptops, cabling and other electronic equipment, rooms, furniture etc.) supplied are on a rental basis and no exchange, transfer or refund of ordered items on-site will be entertained.
Exhibitors must pay for any damages or losses caused to items supplied to them.
Cancelled orders are not-refundable.
Non-standard items may be offered on request, subject to a separate quotation, and are subject to the same terms and conditions.
Any complaint regarding rental items or installation must be lodged before the opening of the event. In respect of items rented on the day, items should be inspected immediately and tested to ensure they work. Otherwise, all items are deemed to be received in good order and condition.
The equipment must be insured “all-risk” by the hirer, who will remain liable until the authorised staff has collected the equipment.
In case of disappearance, the equipment will be invoiced at the original insurance value.
I acknowledge that Freelancers In Belgium will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference.